MuDoKai Martial Arts. For All Ages.
University Karate Center makes martial arts accessible to anyone. Our classes create fun and engaging experiences for ages 3 to 113. Our training programs incorporate the concepts of contemporary karate, kickboxing, Tai Chi, Jiu Jitsu, Kung Fu, along with separate yoga sessions!
We’re here to help you in your personal wellness journey!
See our accommodating Schedule (including virtual classes!) and what we’re doing to ensure your training is safe and healthy.
Karate Tigers & Little Dragons
- Our youngest martial artists (starting age 3) in a structured, yet fun environment
- Students gain basic skills of movement, striking, blocking, and more
- Participants are prepared to excel in Juniors classes
- Increase attention span by linking physical activities to thoughts
- Bottom line: It’s fun! (Did we already mention that? Because it’s way awesome.)
Juniors (Ages 6-14)
- Junior students gain life-changing skills through their training in MuDoKai martial arts
- Discipline, respect, responsibility, focus, and more (we’ll work with school teachers to help address challenges)
- World-class self-defense skills (A number of Junior students are state or national champions!)
- Grow confidence and poise in mutually-supportive classes
- Classes to fit your schedule, including day camps and summer mornings
- You’re the perfect age to start training and gain new skills
- Get your thoughts under your control with proper breathing and body movement techniques (ie. Stress Relief!)
- Stay more than young at heart through stretching and other exercises
- Build up a sweat in any class; MuDoKai Karate can be quite the workout!
- Experience the confidence of possessing effective self-defense moves
Looking for Yoga?
- We do yoga in every class! MuDoKai karate takes common yoga concepts and applies them throughout our system.
- Did you know the warm ups we perform at the beginning of every class is actually a yoga session?
- Proper body use concepts go deep within MuDoKai, giving you the balance and centering of yoga, self-defense skills, and much more, in a low-impact approach
Kubodo (Martial Arts Weapons for Juniors & Adults)
- Learn to use a range of Okinowan and Japanese traditional martial arts weapons
- Bo Staff
- Junior and Adult students must meet certain criteria and instructor approval (because weapons aren’t toys!)